[mythtv-users] ANSWER: Can only connect to mysql as localhost

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:55:00 UTC 2007

On 12/08/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:
> I solved the problem. Basically, the #@!%$# mysql wildcards just don't
> work. However, when I properly add each IP address to the grane
> (mysql.user) table, everything works.
>
>  grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@'192.168.100.30' identified by
> 'mythtv';

Good to hear things are working now and my final suggestion from last
week of granting privileges for individual hostnames/IPs is helping.

Please post the output of

mysql> SELECT Host, User FROM `user` WHERE `User` = 'mythtv';

It would be interesting to see what the user table looks like, now it
is finally working for you. I also note that you have used different
network addresses in your posts (192.168.1/24 and 192.168.100/24) and
wonder if this was deliberate.

Finally, in one of my posts from last week I posted my current mysql
user table which included wildcard addresses for both network name and
IP, so I am surprised that is still not working for you. I do run a
local DNS on my home network, but apart from making it simple to add
new machines to the network and add machine aliases, this should not
stop things from working. Which version of mysqld are you running?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/