[mythtv-users] SVN, MythMusic, Ubuntu & dependencies

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 22:42:36 UTC 2007

On 13/08/07, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
> I got myself into all sorts of grief trying to set this up and decided
> to blow it all away and start again. I am almost at the compile point
> again so if I have the same problems I will do as you say and post what
> I have.
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I have a list written down at home from when I did a test installation
on a new harddrive as I am going to migrate to ubuntu for my dedicated
mythtv box.

I did a server install and then went through the configure script by
hand to work out the minimum set of dependencies to build with my
configure options.

I have been meaning to create a wiki entry on this, so if I remember I
will do it tonight. Maybe that will help you and others can add to it
as well.

Otherwise you can have a look at apt-file, if you look through the
configure script you can tell what it is testing for and find what
package provides that file.

Install and run "apt-file update" first then, "apt-file search dependency.h"

Cheers,

Roo.