[mythtv-users] opengl works in image gallery but not menus

Brian J. Stults bstults at fsu.edu
Wed Aug 15 02:47:40 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Jon Boehm wrote:
>> I'm not sure if it called QT or Xv either, but we are talking about the
>> same thing.
>>
>> Your are witnessing the problems.  When opengl is turned on, the menus
>> should fade and highlight when selected and just look prettier.  Its
>> also slower to navigate.  If you don't see distinctly different UI
>> interaction when navigating the menus, opengl is not turned on properly.
>> At least the way I understand it.
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Its QT. I personally find the opengl painter to be a pain in the rear.
> Myth is slow enough but with opengl its painful try to do anything while
> displaying HD content. I follow the dev mailing list and have not seen
> any indication that they are going away from QT so use it if it works
> better for you. If a dev wants to chime in here to verify my assumption
> I would appreciate it.

I was referring to the opengl painter which, I believe, should not have
any effect on video playback.  I wanted the fading menu transitions, but
could not get them to work for a long time on two of my frontends.
Wiping out my svn directory and compiling a fresh one finally worked for
me.  However, I had not tried 'make distclean'.  Only 'make clean'.