[mythtv-users] Quick script question

Sarah Katherine Hayes aleph.wintermute at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 15 17:31:04 UTC 2007

Greetings,

> Your "insert into" clause lists 11 fields to insert into but you have
> only provided 10 pieces of data. `length` or `showlevel` seems to be
> missing.
That's because I'm a retard.  :)   I fixed that and decided the script
was 'good enough' other wise I'd forever be tinkering. As far as I can
remember it now drops a video in with all the MythVideo defaults
(assuming someone's foolish enough to remove the comment markers obvious
:) ) so should be handy for batch imports.

> I would also rename the variable used with the 'mysql -h' option to
> $MYSQL_HOSTNAME as the MySQL server _can_ be located on a different
> machine to the master backend (although typically it isn't).
True enough.  I'll add it to the list of things to do/change, at the
momment I'm figuring out how to do an almighty do ... while loop in
bash.  I'm rather rusty and only ever did C.

Sarah