[mythtv-users] TMS <-> SD deal makes LifeHacker.com

Paul Kidwell tmbomber at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 20:52:03 UTC 2007

On 8/9/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> Goals are great...but $20/yr is only one possible future.  The reality today
> is $60/yr.

I thought y'all might wanna know this...

When I informed my wife that the place where MythTV was getting it's
listing information was going away, she got all panicky. She was all
upset that we were going to have to go out and buy a bunch of Tivos,
or worse yet, go back to VCRs.

When I told her that the MythTV developers were coming up with a
solution and they'd hopefully have everything fixed before the 9/1
deadline, she was elated.

When word came out about initial pricing I asked her if she had a
problem with having to pay a fee. She said "No Problem"...

I had seen this post pointing out the "hoped for" rate of $20 a year
wasn't a promise, and that the present rate would equate out to $60 a
year. I thought I better spell out what the projected costs would be,
and that at present it could be as much as $60 a year.

I asked her what the most she'd pay...

She said, "$20... no $25"

I said, "It's going to be $15 for the first three months."

She said, "Fine, that's only $5 a month."

O_o...

I said, "Hold on,... your willing to pay..."

She cuts in, "$25 a month, To keep using Myth... No Problem"

And I thought *I* was addicted....

Paul