[mythtv-users] program info displays "unknown" even though guide data exists

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:21:22 UTC 2007

On 8/15/07, Raphael <rpooser at gmail.com> wrote:

> James Orr wrote:
> >

> > On 8/14/07, *Raphael* <rpooser at gmail.com <mailto:rpooser at gmail.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     Hi all,
> >     My program guide started doing odd things today. I only have guide
> >     data
> >     for channels <100.
> >

> > I have the same thing except it's happening on both my lineups.
> >
> > Have they shut us off early (accidently?)?  My subscription was going
> > to expire 8/27, in addition to the big shut off.
>

> Hi James,
> See my replies in this thread a little while ago. It also did happen on
> both my lineups such that some days here and there had major gaps in
> data. Today neither of my inputs, no channels, had any data at all. I
> tried refreshing my data again and it worked this time. At this point in
> my case it looks like a problem related to data direct that is fixed for
> now. Try and refresh your data again and see if it works.
> The sooner we make the transition to SD the better.
> Raphael

Yeah, I ran mythfilldatabase and it's back.  Got it just in time for Rescue
Me too.

It was strange, was sitting down to watch TV and thought it a little odd
nothing had recorded today.  Check Upcoming Recordings and nothing was
scheduled until Saturday!

I'm kind of hoping SD gets going at least a few days before the cut off
point so there is a bit of crossover time ... also I don't know if I will be
able to renew my subscription on 8/27 for 4 more days worth of data ... not
that going without data for 4 days would be the end of the universe or
anything I suppose.