[mythtv-users] Building a new MythTV box for the living room

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:34:32 UTC 2007

> I would consider the SP13000 as it has Mpeg4 accelerator as well as a
> Mpeg2 decoder (see the "Comparing the EPIA SP and the EPIA M" section of
> http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=444#p1628 for details.) it also has
> SATA which might be of interest if you ever re-deploy the card for other
> use etc.
> I would not expect any available Epia card to handle h264 video.

Actually, unless things have changed, last I looked into that, there was no
support in the OpenChrome drivers for the MPEG4 accelerator, and there
wasn't any plans to add it, either.  Of course, there may be work going on
in other projects (eg, xine), but I'd look into that carefully before
purchasing anything.

Brett.