[mythtv-users] Tilde Character in Show Title

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Fri Aug 17 02:06:10 UTC 2007

I recorded the recent Eureka episode (on SF) and it had a tilde in the title. I
could see the recorded mpg file on disk (with the tilde). When I went to view
recordings, I could see the show listed. But, when I told Myth to play the
show, I got an error message saying it couldn't find the file.

I ended up renaming the file exactly the same, but without the tilde and then
using myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to import the file.  That allowed me to watch the
show.

I am guessing it is a MySQL issue, rather than a Myth one, but what settings
control this? How can I avoid this problem in the future?

--
Jim Kaufman
Linux Evangelist