[mythtv-users] mythweather-revamp setup

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 17 21:31:43 UTC 2007

Matt wrote:
> Yea, I've found the new mythweather-revamp anything but intuitive. I
> was able to get it to work (sort-of), but even then it has no concept
> of zip codes and didn't even have Charlotte, NC as an option.  I've
> just stopped using it all-together until a better solution is created
> or this one is "fixed".

Yes it is very counter-intuitive and it only has a very limited source
list but you have to remember that it was written by a student as a
summer internship/project. Considering that of the 8 or so interns only
1 or 2 actually made some usable code I would say that its a very nice
effort. I dont really expect the devs to improve this code anytime soon
since they have some pressing deadlines for important stuff and are busy
with that effort. Feel free to toss in your hat and improve it if you
can. Basically it needs a scraper for a decent web info source or a rss
feed or whatever.

Bill