[mythtv-users] Frequent backend crashing

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 01:59:13 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff, Could you post your cron script that you wrote?  Right now sometimes
> my MythTV users will crash the backend and it will sit idle until I get home
> and restart it.  Having a script that will check and restart the backend
> every five minuets would be great.

Suffering from the same problems, I modified a script from the wiki
and run it every 1 minute from cron.  It checks to see if the BE is
running and if it isn't, restarts it, and emails me the backend logs.

I have attached them for your perusal, but also, look at the wiki.
There are some other examples there including Monit and the like.

Cheers,
Whytey