[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging Bad on Firewire

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sat Aug 18 14:20:46 UTC 2007

I use both an hdhomerun input and a firewire input from a cable box.
Mythcommflag does a reasonable job on the hdhomerun, but a poor one on
the firewire.

On the firewire it detects a commercial break a minute or two early and
comes back before the end of the commercial block. I'm not sure, but it
seems like the interval between where the incorrect detect occurs and
where the commercial block starts increases further in the recording.

My sense is that it is detecting the right number of commercial blocks,
but not marking them with the right offset.

Any ideas?