[mythtv-users] Linux frontend database connection problems

Piers Kittel mailing at biased.org
Sat Aug 18 15:00:42 UTC 2007

Still have many woes with this... none of my Linux frontends will
connect to the backend - and I've moved the backend to new hardware,
still the same problem - OS X frontends doesn't have any problems,
but all Linux frontends cannot connect to the server - getting
extremely frustrated....  I even set up one computer and installed
the frontend on that... same problem...

I decided to do packet sniffing on one frontend, and found it sends
absolutely nothing to the backend at all... so it simply has to be a
local problem... but what?

Please help :(

Thanks very much for your time in advance.

Regards - Piers