[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging Bad on Firewire

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Sun Aug 19 03:16:38 UTC 2007

> I use both an hdhomerun input and a firewire input from a cable box.
> Mythcommflag does a reasonable job on the hdhomerun, but a poor one on
> the firewire.
>
> On the firewire it detects a commercial break a minute or two early and
> comes back before the end of the commercial block. I'm not sure, but it
> seems like the interval between where the incorrect detect occurs and
> where the commercial block starts increases further in the recording.
>
> My sense is that it is detecting the right number of commercial blocks,
> but not marking them with the right offset.
>
> Any ideas?

I'm also getting terrible results recording from firewire through an SA
3250. The video looks great and plays back just fine but I've never had
accurate results in the commflag. It misses most commercials, and the
commercials it finds are not close at all. I suppose this doesn't really
help you though...