[mythtv-users] New Slave Backend - "card not connected"

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sun Aug 19 07:22:14 UTC 2007

I have just installed a new slave backend and can do pretty much
everything with it aside from record. Looking in MythWeb at the Backend
Status I see the following for the new card:

Encoder 7 is remote on i-wanna-mac1 (currently not connected).

I have completed mythtv-setup on the slave backend machine (actually it
is this desktop I am typing on), I have done everything needed
(according to the the mythtv.org doco's) but MythWeb is still telling me
it is "not connected".

What am i doing wrong, or what have I missed?

Cheers
Bruce