[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Aug 20 05:57:33 UTC 2007

Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> As a former Medio user, I've got a question/suggestion.
>
> Medio (the top rated Windows Media Center software) has nice sounds on
> start, clicks, etc.
>
> Does MythTV have the same?  I'm wondering if I missed it....otherwise
> there's a nice enhancement suggestion.

There's a frontend config option that lets you launch a program on each remote
button press.  I've actually got it running a small script so I can easily edit
it.  I'm not at home so I can't tell you exactly where the config option is.
I'm attaching the 1 line script and the click sound I use; put the script
somewhere like /usr/local/bin, and the sound in /usr/local/share/sounds/mythtv
(create it if necessary), and configure myth to execute click.sh on button
press and you're good to go.

--
Peter Schachte              There is a sufficiency in the world for man's
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        need but not for man's greed.