[mythtv-users] Intermittent MythTV failure

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 10:53:45 UTC 2007

My Myth setup has been behaving ok recently ...

*still lots to do, Remote is half set up but not working properly,
almose forgotten about setting up XvMC and not got Radio Times channel
data sorted yet so only using EIT*

... but occasionally it doesn't load. I'll get the scaling images scroll
bar, then it'll crash out to the desktop. Usually, logging out and
restarting X will let it work again. Failing that, rebooting completely
pretty much always works. But now, even that's not working.

I got it to work once this morning, after being turned off all night,
but now it wont again.

Here are links to the mythbackend log and the mythfrontend output the
time that it worked:
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/mythbackend.log-ok
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/mythfrontend-ok

And here are the mythbackend log and the mythfrontend output when it didn't.
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/mythbackend.log-broken
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/mythfrontend-broken

There seem to be a lot of errors in there to me, but I'm not sure what's
important and what's not. Maybe I've got too many plugins installed that
I don't use and getting rid of things like MythMucic would help?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Best wishes
Damian