[mythtv-users] Is there a tuner limit? (problem with >8 tuners)

Chris Wilkie - NetrinoUK chris at netrino.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 13:08:50 UTC 2007

Thanks for the quick response Bill.

I don't believe this issue is down to hardware, although I'm happy to be
proved wrong, as the USB side of things seems to be fine.  Linux
recognises the tuners, and is able to push firmware to them, showing
that communications are working.  In my mind, this rules out any
hardware issues.  I'm far more suspicious of V4L, or the driver itself
getting upset when there are more than 8 tuners.

Feel free to correct me on this - I'm no expert when it comes to
hardware!

Chris