[mythtv-users] Using directivo as a networked tuner

Tom Dombrosky tbdombrosky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:27:04 UTC 2007

I read a post on here a while back about someone unsuccessfully attempting
this, but I think it's possible so I want to bring it back up.  Yesterday I
was able to successfully watch the live tv buffer off both tuners of my
parents directivo at the same time using mplayer.  Now I was watching the
beginning of the buffer because that's the only way you can do it, but there
is a program called backbuffer that lets you modify how long the buffer is.
I checked out the code of backbuffer and it looks like you can modify it
quite easily to get a 1 second buffer.  The main missing piece is adding
support for vserver streams as a recording device in mythtv (not sure if
it's tcp or udp).  I believe there are programs to do channel changes over
tcp too, but I haven't investigated them much (not sure if it can tune each
channel independently).  Anyone have any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

-Tom