[mythtv-users] Nice sounds on clicks, startup, etc.

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 22:43:35 UTC 2007

> It is also possible to set up custom sounds for each keypress by
> making the key trigger aplay and a specific sound file in your
> ~/.mythtv/lircrc.  Kind of a hack, but I see no reason why it wouldn't
> work.

Sorry to be a bit dim, but I don't understand how this would work. Are
you saying that the click.sh script that someone posted can somehow
know which key had been pressed?

Or is it possible to put something in lircrc for each keypress that
would execute a shell script to play a sound? If so I didn't know you
could do that.