[mythtv-users] HDHR recording with too low volume playback

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Aug 21 13:14:30 UTC 2007

Rick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm noticing the shows recorded with my hdhr have very low volumes.  I
> don't recall this being noticable with the 20-fixes branch, but I am
> noticing it now with SVN trunk.  This could just be a coincidence.  I am
> using ALSA.

I've noticed the same thing on my firewire SA3250HD. I don't remember it
being that way on SVN 13756 (I may have that revision wrong, whatever
Axel's last build was before 14051), but its possible I just didn't
notice. Now I'm running 14051 and I have to crank the volume up any time
I'm on the firewire tuner. Which makes for a loud surprise when I switch
back to the Hauppauge tuners.

Sorry no help to you Rick, just throwing it out there that you're not
the only one. I don't know anything about HDHR's do they record using
MPEG2TS also? Maybe there is something related.

Mike