[mythtv-users] Tools for working with Motorola DCT 61xx series STB's?

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 15:32:05 UTC 2007

After much experimentation, I have found that the default channel changer in
MythTV for working with the Motorola 6100 series STB's works best for me. I
tried various versions of the 6100ch script and fryfrogs sure-change script
as well before settling on the default. Using anything other than the
default often resulted in failure when trying to tune in to a program in HD.

Several months ago when I first set up my STB with MythTV I was able to get
almost all of my HD channels. A few weeks later some of the disappeared and
I had to revert to the S-Video out in order to see them. Very disappointing
to be honest.

I remember I was in the middle of a rebuild when this happened. I was using
the default MythTV internal channel changer first, and after the rebuild I
was using "6200ch -n 0 -p 0". I am now wondering if the loss of channels
isn't because of the switch.

Can anyone tell me, is there a way to trigger a channel change from the
command line using the MythTV internal channel changer for the 6100 series
units? (I will really feel silly if MythTV calls 6100ch).

Also, does anyone know of a set of tools that would help me "zone in" better
on these channels? I don't think they are being encrypted, it just looks
like I can't get them to tune in over firewire.

Thanks in advance....

Joe