[mythtv-users] Sound issues

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 19:16:21 UTC 2007

OK, I just installed my original sound card from my old PC (a Soundblaster 128 PCI card), disabled the onboard sound, and re-ran the same test (looped the test sound in Soundcard Detection and muted/unmuted via alsamixer).  This works when the test sound plays, but if I play something else (like an ogg sound file), I get nothing.  No sound at all.

What the hell is so difficult here?  What am I missing?  I'm really starting to go out of my mind here.  Its crap like this that will keep people from abandoning Windows altogether!  (Sorry, I'm venting).

Harry

From: "Jarett Creason" <nobleiceman at gmail.com>