[mythtv-users] Help with pdatranscode.pl

Jon Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 22 19:43:56 UTC 2007

Thanks so much to Jeff and Peter for their work on the transcoding scripts.

I've created a modified version of pdatranscode.pl that adds the
podcasting functions from myth2ipod, but I've run into a small snag: I'm
not sure how to compute a "duration" for a given video (I'd like to
include this in the podcast XML).

I figure that it must be possible given that the start and end times are
available, but I'm really new to Perl so I'm not sure how to manipulate
the dates correctly to compute the difference between the start and end
time stamps.

I'd like to end up with a duration in HH:mm:ss that I can add to the
podcast XML--can anyone provide advice on how to do this?

Thanks,

Jon