[mythtv-users] MythArchive - sync offset

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 12:06:17 UTC 2007

On 23/08/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guy's just wondering what the message " Using sync offset is disabled -
> it would be 13ms" when archiving means? Should it be on or off? Is that
> something I can change?

Well I don't know for sure, but I'd be pretty confident that it's
referring to the offset between sound and picture.

Some of the tools that mytharchive uses can detect an offset between
the two and, presumably, mythtv can try and return the offset to zero.
 However, 13ms isn't very much, assuming that the sound is behind the
picture, so I doubt you'd notice it.  It may even be deliberate, to
avoid the sound ever getting ahead of the picture, which is *very*
obvious.

If you've never noticed lip-sync problems then I'd leave the offset turned off.