[mythtv-users] Program not found in PAT!

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Aug 24 09:50:19 UTC 2007

Neil Bothwick wrote:
> Since Monday, my mythbackend.log has been filling up with lines like
>
> 2007-08-20 15:53:25.362 Program #8301 not found in PAT!
>
> The program number is always the same and they can appear at the rate
> of several per second, then none for a few minute, with well over a
> million in the last four days. I haven't touched my backend setup since at
> least a week before this started. I am using mythtv-0.20.1_p14146 on
> Gentoo.

I'll second that. Tried to record the two Bourne films shown recently on ITV2?
and got 42 Mb of log entries containing nothing but the above. Backend stayed
up; continued doing the basic jobs while the above went on; finished (it
thought) the recordings, no problems with any other recordings done before or
since. Got two 0Mb files out of it. I wonder, since it only affected two similar
films, whether they might have had some strange formatting in the stream to
cause this. Whatever, I suspect these were kernel messages, not myth messages.

Mandriva 2007.1, kernel 2.6.17 AMD x86_64, myth built from trunk @ svn 14032.

Mike Perkins