[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup and X forward

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:33:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

A bit of stupid question...
I have a klient and a server both running Kubuntu Feisty.
I have now compiled MythTV on the server for running mythbackend but now I
need to run mythtv-setup.

I have tried running it over VNC but get:

======================================
root at frodo:/home/joacim# /usr/local/mythtv_svn_r14230/bin/mythtv-setup
Xlib: No protocol specified

mythtv-setup: cannot connect to X server :1.0

How can I run this?

Is it possible/better to start mythtv-setup from a regular SSH session and
in that case how?

PS. I would prefer to solve VNC since I need it for other purposes but it's
most important to get it running :) DS

Have a nice weekend!

--
Regards