[mythtv-users] Is VIA chipset bad for mythTV?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Aug 24 16:48:38 UTC 2007

Brad Patterson wrote:
> I thought I have read before that people say to stay away from mobos
> with Via chipsets for mythtv usage.  I just wanted to
> doublecheck if this is true, as I am currently saving up some cash for
> new hardware for a new myth box.

I've used a couple of VIA-based boards for Myth systems. There were
newer socket-754 and 939 boards. From what I have read most of the
problems were with older boards.

The only problem I have had was having to adjust the PCI latency in
order to get multiple recordings to work glitch-free.

As always YMMV.

BEWW