[mythtv-users] XBMC port to Linux and Mythtv

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:51:26 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't say how to get from Xebian to XBMC, but I can show you the
> tutorial I used to hack my Xbox and all subsequent Xboxes to boot into XBMC
> as their dashboards. I'm at five and counting:
>
>   http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft-xbox/article/how-to<http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft-xbox/article/how-to-go-from-xbox-to-xbox-media-center-in-30-minutes.html>

Thanks, the problem is I no longer have the initial conditions (xbox bios
and dashboard) necessary to perform step 6.

Considering the xbox is just a PC, in theory, one should be able to arrive
at the final state (xbmc installed) by a combination of re-flashing the bios
and installing the necessary "operating system".

Before I dive into the forum that is linked to by that how-to, I wanted to
see if any of the fairly tech-savvy folks on this list had encountered and
dealt with this issue...