[mythtv-users] Different rescanning results from different tuner on same card?

James Cummings cummings.james at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:24:41 UTC 2007

On 8/25/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 08/25/2007 07:03 AM, James Cummings wrote:
> >
> > This seems weird to me.  I have a Hauppauge Nova-T dual tuner card.
> >
> > When I go to the channel editor, delete all channels, and do a rescan
> > of existing transports on DVB:0 it doesn't find channels on one or two
> > multiplexes.  If I then go and rescan existing transports on DVB:1 it
> > *does* find those channels.  I'm wondering if this might explain
> > recording problems on those channels when the tuner that sees them is
> > busy recording something else?
> >
> > Shouldn't both tuners on a single card find the channels just the
> > same?  Is there some difference between them or something I've set
> wrong?
>
> Signal quality affected by the internal splitter or SNR affected by the
> internal amp (because of poor signal quality)?

That might make sense.  It is a shared aerial for a 10-apartment block of
flats.  I've put a powered TV Signal booster on the line to see if that
helps.  It does boost the signal % myth reports to around 70-75% signal
while rescanning.  Noise/SNR is always given as zero when I test or when
rescanning channels.  I'm not allowed to change the aerial/antenna (the
curtain-twitching little old ladies in surrounding flats will probably
notice if I sneak onto the roof at night and replace it with one I've
bought...).

If that is indeed the problem, any suggestions as to what I can do to help
it?  Anything else I should check?

Many Thanks,
-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com