[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct subscriptions

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Aug 25 20:36:06 UTC 2007

It would probably be wise to wait a few days for bugs to be
ironed out and for the initial rush to pass.

> Check the support channels of your application for the status and
> difficulty of using Schedules Direct with a non-upgraded version of
> your application - they may have a workaround you may use for the time
> being. We expect you'll be able to get about 14 days of data from
> Zap2IT labs through 8/31.

For MythTV it would make sense to upgrade to 0.20.2 or SVN
HEAD and make sure that things are running smoothly for a
few days before changing the listings provider.

When you are ready to switch, it should be fairly simple.

  Key point: Do not delete your existing sources or add new
  video sources. Simply update the grabber and login info
  for your current video sources.

1) Go to SD and create lineups from the identical provider with
the identical set of channels as your existing labs account.
[Hint: if you see channels you would like to add or delete, keep
them the same for now and fix those problems after converting].

2) Shutdown all myth process.

3) Backup you mysql database as described in the HOWTO.

4) Run mythtv-setup. Select your existing video sources to
change the grabber and login info, "Retrieve Lineups", select
the corresponding lineup name then "Finish".

5) Run mythfilldatabase checking the log to see that things
worked correctly.

6) Restart myth processes.

7) After updates work correctly for your existing set of
channels then consider making changes to your lineups.

--  bjm