[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..2nd

Matthew Dansereau matthew at dansereau.com
Mon Aug 27 02:13:25 UTC 2007

All my Mythtv Friends.

It is working!
I had a very big blond moment.  I was using the PCHDTV 5500 driver in MythTV
setup.

The PCHDTV 5500 driver is for analog TV
I was supposed to use the DVB driver

see
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PcHDTV_HD-5500
When adding the new capture card to myth in mythtv-setup, be sure to select
DVB, *not* pchdtv.

In addition I took the liberty of reinstalling Mythdora 4.0 and adding just
the DVB card the myth-setup.  All worked great no update required.

Mythdora 4.0 just plain rocks!