[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct and multiple zap2it accounts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 27 06:18:57 UTC 2007

On 08/26/2007 11:19 PM, Ian Forde wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 19:59 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 08/26/2007 07:06 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>>> where can one delete channels from a lineup for a specific video
>>> source? It would seem there needs to be a second channel editor, one
>>> for telling myth which channels in the lineup that source is capable
>>> of tuning.
>>>
>> In MythTV setup's channel editor, the video source name is displayed in
>> parens after the channel's callsign and channel number, so by deleting
>> the "copy" of the channel associated with the video source that cannot
>> receive that channel, you're removing the channel from the video source.
>>
> Yeah, but given the scenario in which I created a "meta-lineup", with
> the combined channels from Analog, DCT-2000, and DCT-6200 boxes, each of
> which connects to a PVR-250 (coax), PVR-250 (RCA), and Firewire,
> respectively, I've just experienced serious breakage.
>
> The meta-lineup has all of the combined channels, which I had to do,
> otherwise I'd have to create 2 "Digital" lineups, which SD won't allow
> me to do.  (Okay - I could have created one "cable" and one "cable
> digital", but the "digital" had to be unified, otherwise I'd need 2
> accounts.)
>
> So I went into the mythtv-setup channel editor, which lists, for
> example:
>
> Discovery Times Channel(271)(SD-Comcast)

Which says that you get Discovery Times Channel (heh, seems to be the
description, not the callsign--my memory is getting bad) on channel 271
and it is /only/ available to the SD-Comcast video source.

However, based on the name of the video source, I'm guessing you've
configured your Myth box incorrectly.  You should have three video
sources using the one SD lineup, i.e. SD-Comcast-analog (coax, as you
called it), SD-Comcast-STB (RCA), and SD-Comcast-firewire (firewire).
Then, associate the same SD lineup with all three video sources.

Again, 3 MythTV video sources, 1 SD lineup (from 1 SD account).

> Even if I hit Enter on that channel to finetune it, nowhere in there is
> an option to make that channel available only to certain tuners.  So
> there is no "copy" of the channel to speak of.  I can only remove the
> channel completely.

And that's what you want to do.  Delete it from the video source ('D')
that can't use it.

>  And that channel (271) is only available via the
> PVR-250 (RCA), not the PVR-250 (coax) nor the Firewire (DCT-6200)
> connection.

So, using the names I mentioned above, it should only be available on
SD-Comcast-STB.

Mike