[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct / 2.20.2 upgrade failed/stuck

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 27 16:52:53 UTC 2007

On 08/27/2007 12:45 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
> I upgraded from 2.20 to 2.20.2. However, I'm stuck. I went into
> mythtv-setup and changed from TMS to SchedulesDirect okay. However, the
> backend reports:
>
> 2007-08-27 12:41:22.208 TVRec(3) Error: Problem finding starting
> channel, setting to default of '3'.
> 2007-08-27 12:41:22.209 ChannelBase(3) Error: InitializeInputs():
>                          Could not get inputs for the capturecard.
>                          Perhaps you have forgotten to bind video
>                          sources to your card's inputs?
>
> I've got 2 PVR 250's.
>
> It seems the upgrade messed up my card settings.

That's very unlikely unless you've an error in your logs that says that
a DB upgrade failed.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

> I'm stuck.
>
> I'm not sure I want to delete them because wont I lose my
> recording/schedules?

You won't lose recordings or schedules.  You will, however, lose your
video sources (so you'll have to set them up from scratch).  Doing so is
easy, but may take a bit of time to figure out (since you probably last
did it a /long/ time ago).

>  I'm thinking of restoring my database from my SQL
> backup and trying again.

That would work, too.

Mike