[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct subscriptions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 27 20:26:06 UTC 2007

Bruce,

> 1) Go to SD and create lineups from the identical provider with
> the identical set of channels as your existing labs account.
> [Hint: if you see channels you would like to add or delete, keep
> them the same for now and fix those problems after converting].

I've got two CardInputs that have different subsets of one lineup.
To give a more concrete example:  I've got RCN as my provider, and
I've got 1 PVR-250, 2 HD3ks, and 1 STB/Firewire.  The HD3k and
Firewire inputs are both "RCN Digital Cable" and the PVR is
"RCN Analog Cable".  However, the HD3k is a subset of the STB;
it can only tune in a subset of the Digital Cable channels.

The only way I could get this to work with Zap2it's DD was using two
accounts, one for the PC-HD3000 inputs, and one for the STB/Firewire
input.  Both accounts used "RCN Digital Cable", but they used
different DD channel lineups.  What is the migration path to SD for
this configuration?

> 4) Run mythtv-setup. Select your existing video sources to
> change the grabber and login info, "Retrieve Lineups", select
> the corresponding lineup name then "Finish".

I'm afraid that if I do this on my PC-HD3000 input that it will
add all the channels that are only accessible via the STB.

I know we've been told "wait, Myth will handle this shortly", but the
September 1 deadline is quickly approaching and I'd like to continue
to get a data feed.

Help?

-derek