[mythtv-users] Change in available RPM's from atrpms

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:25:32 UTC 2007

On 8/27/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 10:54:16AM -0700, Blammo wrote:

> > Just did a clean Centos5 install for a friend, and am still running
> > into this issue. Was hoping the dependancies would get cleaned up with
> > another month or two going by.
> >

> > [root at green ~]# yum --enablerepo=atrpms install mythmusic
>
> Try enabling ATrpms and the yum update first. I think you are running
> into partial/selective repo filtering issues.
>
> For CentOS5 you may need to activate ATrpms testing as well.

That package still isn't found within the base [ATRPMS] scope. The
problem appears to be that libFLAC8 exists only within atrpms-testing,
and not the general [atrpms].

I'm a big advocate of MythTV, and have loved being able to show people
how, on a  base install, they can install the ATrpms package, and then
install myth with one command.

yum install mythtv-suite

and off it runs. Right now, on Centos5, libFLAC8, and "PIL" are the
only two things that prevent "yum install mythtv-suite" from working.

Strangely, PIL isn't available on atrpms either (rpmforge), even
though it's a requirement for the mythtv-suite. (It's Python Imaging
as I recall)