[mythtv-users] Need "xorg.conf" Modeline for Samsung LN-S4695D

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 05:03:32 UTC 2007

On 8/27/07, Just Gags <justgags at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  John,
>
> Just wanted to express my sincere thanks for your reply. This was
> _exactly_ what the problem was, once I swapped out the cable EDID worked
> perfectly. :-)
>
> So, thanks again!
>
> > Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:15:21 -0600
> > From: jppoet at gmail.com
> > To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Need "xorg.conf" Modeline for Samsung
> LN-S4695D
> >
> > On 8/27/07, Just Gags <justgags at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Jarett,
> > >
> > > If you have the same setup, would you mind posting your
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> > > and your /var/log/Xorg.0.log as well as any other information you feel
> might
> > > be helpful.
> > >
> > > ...If yours worked out of the box, it sounds like your display is
> properly
> > > outputting EDID information, which would mean something is definitely
> wrong
> > > on my end.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > Try a different VGA cable. Some VGA cables don't bother hooking up
> > all the pins, including the pins required to pass EDID info.
> >
> > John
> >
> > --
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Well, you probably don't really need this any longer since you got it
working, but my xorg.conf is very short...  Running FC6, 2.6.20-1, with
MythDora 4.0.

Glad you got it to work though!  (and I'll remember that VGA cable trick...)

Jarett

# Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes      "1920x1080" "1280x720" "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection