[mythtv-users] Compiling atrpms source rpms or spec file? Please help

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:54:38 UTC 2007

Thanks for replying Axel.  I will post on atrpms-devel next time.  However
since I got your attention, I am compiling the spec file for FC6 mythtv and
just last night tried to compile from the FC6 mythtv source.  Both methods
yielded no RPMS.    I have followed the instructions for building an RPM
build environment in fedora for the nonroot user :
  http://www.g-loaded.eu/2006/04/05/how-to-build-rpm-packages-on-fedora/
and got your macros.txt from :
  http://orion.lcg.ufrj.br/~roma/LCG_kernel_modules.html

I even have a local copy of atrpms fc5-i386 repository with the latest rpm
file dated Feb 5, 2007.   ( I didn't realize in time that FC5 was eol'd and
I couldn't find any other mirrors that still had fc5-i386).  If any still
exist, please let me know.

Anyway, the build process completes with these errors when compiling
mythtv-0.20.2-163.src.rpm
rpmbuild --rebuild mythtv-0.20.2-163.src.rpm

and the spec file with the latest changelog at * Sat Aug 25 2007 Axel Thimm
<Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> - 0.20.2-163.
rpmbuild -bb --clean mythtv.spec

RPM build errors:
    File listed twice: /usr/share/mythtv/games/PC/gamelist.xml
    File listed twice: /var/www/html/mythweb/.htaccess
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/include/mythtv/audiooutput.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dialogbox.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/dvd_reader.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/dvd_types.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/dvdnav.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/dvdnav_events.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/ifo_read.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/ifo_types.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/nav_print.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/nav_read.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/dvdnav/nav_types.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/exitcodes.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/adler32.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avcodec.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avformat.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avio.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/avutil.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/common.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/crc.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/integer.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/internal.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/intfloat_readwrite.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/lls.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/log.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/mathematics.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/md5.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/mmx.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/opt.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/rational.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/rtp.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/rtsp.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/rtspcodes.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/softfloat.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/ffmpeg/x86_cpu.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/generictree.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/httpcomms.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/langsettings.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/lcddevice.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythtv/programinfo.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythtv/recordingtypes.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythtv/remoteutil.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythdialogbox.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythfontproperties.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythimage.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythlistbutton.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythmainwindow.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythpainter.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythpainter_ogl.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythpainter_qt.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythscreenstack.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythscreentype.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/myththemebase.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/myththemedmenu.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythuibutton.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythuiimage.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythuistatetype.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythuitext.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/mythuitype.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/libmythui/xmlparsebase.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/managedlist.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mpeg2dec/mpeg2.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythcdrom.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythconfig.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythcontext.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythdbcon.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythdialogs.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythevent.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythhdd.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythmedia.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythmediamonitor.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythobservable.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythplugin.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythsocket.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythwidgets.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/mythwizard.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/oldsettings.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/output.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/qmdcodec.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/remotefile.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/samplerate.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/settings.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/uilistbtntype.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/uitypes.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/broadcast.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/bufferedsocketdevice.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/configuration.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/eventing.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/httprequest.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/httpserver.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/multicast.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/mythxmlclient.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/soapclient.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/ssdp.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/ssdpcache.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/taskqueue.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/threadpool.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnp.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnpcds.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnpcdsobjects.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnpcmgr.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnpdevice.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnpimpl.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnptaskcache.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnptaskevent.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnptasknotify.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnptasksearch.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/upnp/upnputil.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/util.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/virtualkeyboard.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/visual.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/volumebase.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/volumecontrol.h
   /usr/include/mythtv/xmlparse.h
   /usr/lib/libmyth-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythavcodec-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythavformat-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythavutil-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythdvdnav-0.20.2.a
   /usr/lib/libmythfreemheg-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythlivemedia-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythtv-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythui-0.20.2.so
   /usr/lib/libmythupnp-0.20.2.so

> I notice that there is a newer mythtv spec and srpm file at atrpms.  I
will try those today.  I appreciate your taking the time to help me out.
Thanks
Chris