[mythtv-users] A big and heartfelt thank you

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:37:45 UTC 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 6:54 AM, Trey Thompson wrote:

> On 8/26/07, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Just a quick note to say thanks to the SchedulesDirect folks.  I
> upgraded my SVN copy of MythTV today, compiled, installed, updated
> my listings accounts, ran mythfilldatabase, and everything is
> exactly how I would expect it to be.
>
> Kevin
>
> Agreed!  It's almost as if those of us that kept saying "Just wait,
> they will take GREAT care of us..."
>
> were RIGHT!
>
> Great job guys!

Likewise, I only had my free 7 day trail for long enough to get my
listings setup, upgrade myth and get one successful grab before I
subscribed. I'm really glad that I did my last install by binaries
instead of source, cause yum update myth* is MUCH easier than the
headache I had to go through to get .18 working that first time from
source... course that was on a P4 Hyperthread (still using it) with a
586 kernel, so it's no wonder the binaries didn't work for me then...
anyway, I'm rambling... I just wanted to say thanks as well, my
girlfriend and roommate thank you too, though they don't have a clue
that there was going to be any kind of issue anyway... they just
bitch and whine when the box stops working right... It's a gift and a
curse... cause I woulda used it with the wireless keyboard (I had a
hard time making lirc compile) and all the other small little nuances
not exactly right (I know linux, when something goes awry, I can
figure out and fix it in a snap as opposed to my girlfriend, who uses
a Mac. (I'm not saying anything bad about Macs, I'm typing this on my
powerbook, which I couldn't live without, but most general Mac users
aren't very "techy") Anyway, onto another ramble, sorry... so yea,
without any more delay, THANKS a TON to all of those responsible for
my girlfriend and roommate not bitching at me about the program
listings being missing. Also, thank you to Axel for the speedy binary
builds!