[mythtv-users] Update video file listing on mythweb

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 28 17:24:19 UTC 2007

Hi everyone.

I've looked around a bit for stuff on how to update the video file
listing on my mythtv backend so that the file listing for the videos
is updated and haven't found anything about this yet, but I can't
imagine someone hasn't asked the question before.

When I add files to my video directory (either directly or from doing
a transcode of some sort), the entries don't get updated on mythweb
until I do a rescan from the front end.  There must be some way to do
this via command line.  It would be cool to have a button on the web
page that would rescan the directory and update the directory.  There
is an "Update" button there already, but it doesn't seem to do
anything, or at least not what I want it to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions/scripts/comments on this?

James