[mythtv-users] "NO DATA" for almost all HD channels, but still can record the shows

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:08:46 UTC 2007

I posted this in another thread, but realized it should start its own.

Ever switching to SD, aside from having issues of not yet being able
to do discrete line-ups for firewire and pvr-350 (although I am
hopeful that will be resolved soon), I have run into an even stranger
issue: the guide data in listings, when checking mythweb, indicates
that almost all (but not all; National Geographic and Showtime HD
being exceptions) have NO DATA.

However, this is not a huge problem; my regular scheduled programs for
those channels still seem to be in my upcoming recordings view and do
seem to get recorded.  Further, when I search for specific programs, I
can find them via mythweb.  I hardly ever use the listings, and to be
honest, have not checked the TV to see if the EPG is displaying the
data.  I am just wondering why this happens, and if it will cause some
issues at some other point.