[mythtv-users] SPDIF out PCM and AC3

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 03:05:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just rebuilt my Mythbox.  i wiped the install hoping to remove all the
errors i did when i was first learning myth/linux.  I did remove alot of
error but i cant get my spdif audio to work correctly.  Before I had PCM (ie
SDTV) sound going out the spdif connecter and my reciever with click to Pro
Logic.  Then when watching HD or movies it would click to Dobly.  For some
reason i cant get the same behavior.  Both installs were FC6 and the SVN.

details:
/etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 1
}

(this is the same as i used before, i backed it up)

and

[root at mythtv myth]# aplay -l
card 0: SI7012 [SiS SI7012], device 0: Intel ICH [SiS SI7012]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

in Mythfrontend I have tried all combos of:

Audio output device: /dev/dsp, ALSA:Default
Passthrough device: default, ALSA:default, ALSA:spdif

All give me the same behavior.

What am i missing?

Thanks,
Mitchell