[mythtv-users] Can't find libmyth-0.20.2.so.0

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:06:33 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Ben Curtis <mythtv at nosolutions.com> wrote:

> > "mythtv-setup: error while loading shared libraries: libmythtv-0.20.2.so.0:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> I was having the exact same issue.
>
> I was running RPM packages in FC4 until I upgraded Mythtv using source and
> a configure line of:

Generally, it is bad idea to compile srcs and also have the rpm
packages installed unless you know what you are trying to accomplish.
Most rpm will install in /usr while the default location for
installing scripts from the srcs will default to /usr/local.  So, if
you don't overwrite some variables, you will end up having two copies
of things on your system.  It is a good idea to remove the rpm
completely if you plan to compile from srcs.