[mythtv-users] Considering Switch from Fedora to Ubuntu

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Wed Aug 29 04:10:40 UTC 2007

I tried to get Kubuntu working and gave up after two days of screwing
around and went with FC7 and EVERYTHING JUST WORKS!  I wanted RAID 1
during the install and couldn't find any mention of RAID or LVM in the
Kubuntu partitioning tool (bad start).  So I figured I'd get that going
later and moved on.  Everything I looked into had to have some goofy
hack to get it working.  With FC7 I just added atrpms and livna and I
just yum anything I want and everything just works!  (AMD dual core,
Nvidia dual display, SATA, FE/BE combo, KDE).  Maybe I just can't get
used to typing "sudo" all the time....

DaveD