[mythtv-users] Can anyone help with twinhead xorg.conf with nvidia 5200?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Aug 29 16:50:09 UTC 2007

> I was doing that for a while, you can look at mine at
> http://www.lukemacneil.com/articles/xorg.conf-for-dual-video-cards-monitors-and-tv-out-2.html

Thanks, that got me close, I think. Using yours as a template I modified
mine. Good news is that I didn't blow it up. Bad news is I only see the
display on my LCD and not the TV.

Secondary, is that it seems to ignore the resolution. Looks like it's
only at 640x480.

Do you see anything obviously wrong with my current one below?

Thanks,
James

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "twin head configuration"
	Screen         "LCDScreen" 0 0
	Screen         "TVScreen" RightOf "LCDScreen"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"
        Load  "vnc"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "LCDMonitor"
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "TVMonitor"
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "LCDVideocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "TVVideocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
	Option	    "TwinView" "true"
	Option	    "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
	Option	    "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT-0, TV-0"
	Option      "MetaModes" "800x600,800x600"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier  "LCDScreen"
	Device      "LCDVideocard0"
	Monitor     "LCDMonitor"
	DefaultDepth     24
        Option      "SecurityTypes" "VncAuth"
        Option      "UserPasswdVerifier" "VncAuth"
        Option      "PasswordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1024x768"
	EndSubSection