[mythtv-users] Myth Video Organization

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Aug 30 01:42:35 UTC 2007

Hello, I have a few questions here about myth, videos, recordings, etc

1. I have been nuvexporting episodes of the simpsons and now have quite a
collection going. I then put them in mythvideo. Thing is, myth video is not
as good as the recordings part when viewing these videos because you don't
get as much info when viewing in mythvideo unless you only want to see one
video at a time.

So i want to either find out if there is a better myth video view available,
or I'd just as well move the now xvid avi's back into the recordings area
and see them from there. If we go with moving the videos back to the
recordings area, is there any sort of script i can run to do that and keep
the descriptions (which i've been copying and pasting in)?

2. If i go and keep the videos in mythvideo, is there some sort of imdb type
feature that can be applied to tv shows in the videos area so that you get
all the cool info very easily?

3. I saw the linux mce video the other day and really liked how they had
their "video gallery" setup where you would see the images of the movie
covers, and then when you had a movie highlighted, you saw the rest of the
info (description, etc)...that would be awesome to have that in myth. Is
there a way to do that?

I have so many videos and movies on my mythbox that i just need a better way
to organize it all so that you don't have to hit the remote like 50 times
just to find the right movie.

-Thanks for the help and tips and pointers
-Steve