[mythtv-users] Atrpms

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Thu Aug 30 13:20:16 UTC 2007

Jake Vickers wrote:
> Stephen Kitchener wrote:
>> On Thursday 30 Aug 2007, Rick wrote:
>> Hi Rick,
>>
>> cannot connect here also - annoying as I am trying to do an upgrade ...
>> Oh well
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>> Is there something wrong with Atrpms, is it just me or is it to do with
>>> Axel being away.  I haven't been able to connect for a couple of
>>> days to
>>> complete an upgrade.
>>>

> I believe it has to do with Axel being away and the DoS attack we love
> to call Slashdot.
> There's a posting about it over at the MythDora forum, but the answer
> is the same as here - no answer yet. Hopefully soon!

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/286237#286237

This was posted several days ago. Basically just change your setup to
use a mirror. I haven't done it because I've had trouble with mirrors
and out dated packages. Plus, my main two machines are updated, the last
one can wait. But the folks in that thread reported it worked for them.
YMMV.

Mike