[mythtv-users] fetching channels from listings source

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:10:38 UTC 2007

I found some time last night to upgrade my myth system to 20.2 and point
it at schedules-direct.  Everything went well considering I did a
kernel upgrade at the same time.  The only hiccup I ran in to was when
I was attempted to fetch the channels from the listing source.

I have 2 lineups at schedules-direct - one for basic cable, and one for
OTA (nice interface, by the way).  My backend has 4 tuners - 2
HD-5500's for OTA digital and a Hauppage PVR-500 for basic analog
cable.

In mythtv-setup, I was able to use the "Fetch channels from listings
source" for the cable lineup, but not for the local broadcast.  Any
reasons why this would be so?  It was not a big deal at all - I was
able to scan for channels just fine; I'm just wondering why it didn't
work.