[mythtv-users] Won't Save Backend Settings

David Rush david at rushtone.com
Thu Aug 30 15:52:12 UTC 2007

I've been going rounds with my MythTV box, trying to get it all working
correctly all at once.

I've done a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn, then selected the
"mythtv" package and mythtv-plugins via Synaptic.
I've learned that I have to add cx88_dvb to my /etc/modules in order to
get it to find my pcHDTV HD-3000 tuner card.

However, when I run mythtv-setup, none of the settings I choose get
saved.  In General setup, the only thing I change is the TV format from
NTSC to ATSC.  But when I go back into General, TV format is back to
NTSC.  Same thing trying to set my tuner card or anything else.

Ubuntu's community forums says it's a database setup error and I've
tried the described fix (re-install myth-database in Synaptic), but it
doesn't resolve the problem.

Hardware specs:

Intel P4 3.2 GHz (with HT)
Intel D865GBF motherboard
pcHDTV HD-3000
GeForce FX 5200, 256 MB, AGP 8x
1 GB RAM
300 GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive
Antec Overture II case
Samsung LCD display (sadly 1280x1024 max)

David