[mythtv-users] Script to use Schedules Direct with legacy MythTV installations

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Aug 30 23:21:24 UTC 2007

    > Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
    > From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu

    > WARNING: error parsing DD xml:
    > mismatched tag at line 1, column 942, byte 942 at
    > /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187

Since I'd seen mention of an explicit XMLTV version in various mail,
I decided to try flushing Breezy's version and building 0.5.48 from
source.  -That- version works---and btw, doesn't require any changes
to URLs.  So it looks like Josh's script instructions need some small
tweaks; presumably you need XMLTV that's newer than -some- version,
and if it's between that version and 48, you need a different URL,
and if it's 48 or newer, you can use it unmodified.

I ran it twice, specifying different config files for my two different
lineups, since specifying the same one each time just overwrote one
listing with another.

So now I'm at the point of actually trying it with 0.18.1's mfdb...

(And sorry for the noise, but I guess it won't hurt to have this
in the thread archives somewhere so others don't get tripped up.)