[mythtv-users] Cardinput

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Fri Aug 31 16:27:51 UTC 2007

>>>  and reset the counters to
>>> zero so that the first card you enter will be "1".
>> Hmmm. Are you sure?
>He's positive.  He wrote much of this code.

Ah. Sorry, no offense. Just trying to understand what
I observed.

>>  I'm not sure I ever did
>> 'delete all cards' so maybe that is what resets the indices?
>Yep.  Which is part of the reason why "Delete all capture cards" (and
>"Delete all video sources") happens to be special.  That's also why some
>posts (i.e. ones I often write) tend to make such a big deal out of the
>whole "Delete all" thing.

I always appreciate knowing 'why' though I understand most people
probably don't care and it's more work for you.

>> Would a useful enhancement be to have a priority field for cards?

>There is one (technically for card inputs, which are the things that
>must be in order, anyway), but it affects the recording, not just the
>card, which is why the non-/recording/-priority approach--putting best
>card input first--is more appropriate.

I don't quite understand this but I'll put it in my list of possible
coding projects for later study.

Thanks to you and to Bruce for the information and all the help!
Andrew